This is my uniform.
On a typical day of running errands or working I’m in a look very similar to this one, a t shirt or button down, a pair of jeans, flats, and depending on the weather, a jacket. This is my uniform.
The slogan tee trend is a great way to sneak some color onto an ordinary look. Here is a similar tee to the one I’m wearing from Topshop having that same bold red pop of color. My over sized coat from NA-KD, although still new to my wardrobe, has been my absolute favorite for its versatility, large enough to layer and looks great with many looks. My Zara mom jeans is another new piece but quickly made its way to my current favorites. Not only does it add that comfortable, cool factor to a look but it seems to be of fantastic quality, keeping its shape and structure after several washes.
A Guest Post by Cait from Caits Cozy Corner
A fashion, fitness , food and family blogger!
With summer officially here, it’s time swap out your favorite pastels in favor of something more suitable for the season. Although this may sound like a lot of work, your summer wardrobe really only requires a handful of staple pieces to be complete. Don’t worry about stocking up on endless pairs of shorts and bright T-shirts, either. With just a few items in the right material, color, and weight, you can be sure your collection can be rotated all season.
Sound appealing? Read on to discover which timeless pieces are all you’ll need from every June to August.
- Stripes – Stripes are to summer what florals are to spring. They’re iconic, timeless, and therefore, totally necessary. This summer, make sure you have a go-to striped shirt hanging in your closet. Whether you prefer a sleeveless tee or a three-quarter sleeved blouse, the many striped styles available at this time of year will leave you spoiled for choice. Once you’ve found the one that suits your taste, we know you’ll be reaching for your favorite striped top again and again.
- High Waisted Shorts– It’s safe to say low-ride shorts and jeans have been permanently left in the ’90s. Today, fashionistas know it’s all about high-waist bottoms. During summer, high-waist shorts provide the added benefits of enhancing your waistline and elongating your legs. With their extra long material, these shorts also create the illusion of modesty, even if they’re cut pretty short. Just pair them with your favorite breezy blouse and be sure to tuck it into your belt line.
- Strappy Sandals– After being bundled up in thick wool socks and snow boots, make sure your feet are ready to be on full display throughout the summer. Get a pedicure first, then prepare to rock your favorite strappy sandals. Whether you’re a stiletto girl, a wedge fan, or most comfortable in a pair of stylish flats, there’s no way you can survive summer without strappy sandals. I have at least 8 pairs with me at all times ha!
- Flair and Fit Dress– Dressing semi-formally for work, date nights, or annual events is a serious struggle. After all, it’s tough to look ladylike when you’re overheated and dripping in sweat. Fortunately, fit-and-flare dresses provide the perfect alternative to typical pantsuits and pencil skirts. Unlike your usual work outfits, fit-and-flare dresses provide a fun pop of color and enough room to keep you cool throughout the day.
- Bold Handbags – During winter, there’s a high chance that your handbag choices had to be more practical than fashionable. In snowy conditions, you may have had to swap your Saffiano leather for waterproof polyester. I mean, I can forgive this reasonable (yet tragic) decision so long as you step up your purse game during the summer. Pack away your winter backpack and instead opt for a colorful, oversized tote. It will carry everything you need for a day of running errands or a weekend picnic and talk about making a great statement with any outfit!
- Off The Shoulder Shirts– Tube tops may be long outdated, but off-the-shoulder blouses are more popular than ever. They do such a fantastic job of highlighting your collarbone, neckline, and tanned shoulders. I recommend having at least one solid color option and one fun, printed version. Just remember to wear sunscreen on this delicate area!
- Espardrilles- No shoes will make you feel like you’re on a tropical vacation quite like a pair of espadrilles. These Spanish slip-ons are the closest you can get to walking around barefoot. If you find them too plain, fear not! The popular brand Soludos makes tons of cute, extra stylish options. You can even find them in wedge versions, various patterns, and with ankle ties.
Image: Sewing Machine
Ever think of making and creating your own summer staples? Why not check out the wonderful people at Sewing Machine who offer a variety of all your sewing tools that you need! Because they are a family run business, their customer service couldn’t make you feel like part of their family to help answer any questions or concerns! From various products like Brother, Juki and Singer to any type of craft, needlepoint, knitting and more, the website has it all. They even offer classes to help you take your designs from drab to fab! So what are you waiting for! Come create your own staples and show off your work with friends and family this summer! They may even ask to borrow your great ideas too!